Smile

Jun 21, 2016

Mushroom - 65

Mushrooms drenched in a spicy, flavour-loaded batter deep-fried to get the perfect crisp makes a wonderful feast to the eyes and to the tummies. Kids and adults love it alike. My kids are damn crazy about it. Its always gone before I sit down to eat. And even if by chance if there are a couple for me to try I would always have 2 pairs of loving eyes glancing at me or winking at me asking me for those. So finally I end up having nothing if I dont serve myself in the kitchen before the snacks are served to the family :)

Quick and easy to make, it can made in minutes even if you have unexpected last minute visitors. Everyone will love them to the core



Serves... 4 ppl
Serve option... Hot

This is what u'll need....

Mushroom - 10 to 12 nos
Maida / All purpose flour - 2 tbspn
Corn flour - 1 tbspn
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tspn
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tspn 
Red food colour - a pinch
Water - as needed
Oil - for frying 
Salt to taste 

Here is the stir....
  • Clean mushrooms, slice them to desired thickness and set it aside
  • In a wide bowl spoon in 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour or maida
  • Add a tablespoon of corn flour to the bowl
  • Measure in 1 tspn of ginger garlic paste into the flour
  • Add a little chilli powder as per your taste
  • Add salt as needed
  • Use a little orange food colour for a bright display. I used a small pinch
  • Pour a little water into the bowl. Whisk it together to make a thick batter with no lumps

  • Drench the sliced mushrooms in batter
  • Heat oil in a kadai to medium
  • Slide in battered mushroom pieces into hot oil and fry till golden and cooked
  • Once done remove from oil and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil
  • Serve hot with ketchup or as is and enjoy


Note:
  • Keep the batter a little thick so that you can coat the mushrooms properly
  • Adjust spices to suit you taste
  • It does not take long to cook. Dont cook on low flame else it will consume more oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails