Smile

Jun 19, 2016

1 minute Omelette in a mug... Mug Omelette or Egg in a Mug :)


Omelette in a mug and that too in a minute.... mmmmmm .....I loved it. It was not a round omelette but a perfect scrambled omelette though. We have some construction repair work going on in our house and sometimes I dont get to make my chapathis for lunch if I forget to make them in the morning when I pack it for my kids. It happened so that I felt like skipping my lunch but then felt I should atleast have an omelettte. Was not ready for cleanup and standing in the kitchen with all the mess around so decided to try this. It turned out perfect and I loved it

It sure can be whipped up for a quick breakfast or a little snack to grab when u r really hungry. Loved making it and eating it



Serves... 1 person
Serve option... Hot

This is what u'll need....

Egg - 1
Chopped onion - 1 tbspn
Chopped capsicum - 1 tbspn
Oil - 1 tspn
Milk - 1 tbspn
Cheese - 1 tspn (optional)
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste

Here is the stir....
  • Crack open an egg into a big mug. The first time I made it in a small mug and it was always on the verge of overflowing every 5 - 7 seconds :) When I made it in a bigger mug it was was easy enough to handle the overflowing part
  • Add a tablespoon of chopped onions
  • Spoon in salt to taste
  • Add a tablespoon of chopped capsicum. I had some in the freezer which were cut a little than intended for this recipe but never mind I was the one to it so dint want to be so specific
  • Sprinkle some pepper powder
  • Add a tbspn of milk. Milk will make the omelette very soft and avoid it getting hard or rubbery
  • Spoon in some oil
  • Add some grated cheese if you want to. I have used a little
  • Mix it using a fork until all comes together
  • Pop it into the microwave and cook for 30 seconds. Take it out and stir nicely 
  • Put it back in the microwave for another 15 seconds. Stir and repeat if needed. Continue till done
  • Mine took around 1 minute and 10 seconds
  • Always keep an eye on the mug to check for overflows else it gets messy
  • Serve hot and enjoy


                                          Note:
                                          • Adding milk gives a soft omelette in the end
                                          • Use a large mug to avoid any messes
                                          • Stir every 15 seconds to get nice scrambles of the omelette

                                          No comments:

                                          Post a Comment

                                          Related Posts with Thumbnails