Smile

Jun 8, 2016

Coffee Walnut Mug Cake


Coffee Cake is my favourite though I dont get to bake it whenever I want to. The reason being very simple.... Its only MY favourie and none else in the house prefers it to a great extent. Now you know what happens in such times... the recipe just stays away and is never picked up to be made no matter how much you like it. Baking a big coffee cake and sitting with it for a week is not what I like either :)

Making mug cakes is so nice and interesting that you can serve yourself your favourite anytime .... like this one here. My love for coffee cake is now happily taken care of with this wonderful Coffee Walnut Mug Cake. I am totally in love with it. Already made it three before I could even post it here

Adding walnuts introduces a nice flavour and a beautiful crunch in every mouthful you enjoy. I love walnuts so I tend to treat myself liberally :)




Serves... 1 person
Serve option... Warm

This is what u'll need....

All Purpose Flour / Maida - 4 tbspn
Sugar - 2 tbspn
Instant Coffee Powder - 2 tspn
Milk - 3 tbspn
Oil - 2 tbspn
Baking soda - 1/8 tspn
Vinegar - 1/4 tspn
Chopped Walnuts - 1 tbspn + extra for topping

Here is the stir....

    • Measure in 4 tablespoons of flour in a cup
    • Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the cup. You can check for sweetness after mixing all the ingredients and add more if you want
    • Add 2 teaspoons of instant coffee powder. The first time I made it, I used only one teaspoon thinking it might turn bitter but it turned out very mild. Later I started adding 2 tspns and I feel it tastes perfect for me. You can adjust as per your taste
    • Add 2 tablespoons of oil
    • Add 3 tablespoons of milk
    • Add 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda to the cup
    • Pour 1/8 teaspoon of vinegar
    • Finally add a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. If you find it too nutty you can reduce some or just leave it out completely
    • Stir it around and mix everything everything well. If you feel its too thick then add a little milk else leave it as is
    • Top it with a few more chopped walnuts 
    • Place it in the microwave and cook for about 2 minutes. Mine too exactly 1 minute 40 seconds to bake this. I usually bake the first minute then another 30 seconds. After hat I try giving 10 seconds interval and check for doneness
    • Serve warm and enjoy


    Note:
    • Keep an eye once you cross 1 minute 15 seconds. Dont overcook else it will be rubbery
    • Adjust flour depending on cup size. Usually I use 3 tablespoons but this mug was pretty big and I felt 4 should be good and it was
    • Adjust coffee powder to suit your taste

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails