Smile

Jun 1, 2016

Mango Mastani... Pune special


Summer season in and the markets and carts are loaded with mangoes. Everyday mango is served at home in one form or the other. Yesterday kids went to my moms place and I was getting bored so sat down to watch tv. Turned on my favourite channel in peace and looked forward to check out for any specials. Did not find anything so sat down to browse. Lucky me, I came across this recipe for this special drink being made with so much ease that I could not resist he thought of making it

Mango mastani is a Pune special drink. Its basically a thick mango milkshake topped with icecream, nuts and mango.  Saw this on a website... flavorsofmumbai... if I spelled and remembered it right. Its looked so good and the looks said that it would taste awesome too. It was so simple to make that I had to go to the kitchen immediately and make some for myself anf hubby. It took me about 5 mins to put everything together. Chilled it for a while and served with some icecream, mango slices, nuts and tutti-frutti. Yummm... it was simple and perfect

It took me 10 minutes to watch the recipe and 5 minutes to make. Chilling part was the toughest as I could not wait that long :) Enjoyed with a scoop of Homemade Vanilla Icecream


Serves... 2 ppl
Serve option... Chilled

This is what u'll need....

Mango - 1
Sugar - 1 tbspn 
Cinnamon - a pinch
Cream / fresh malai - 1 tbspn
Almond shavings - 1/2 tspn
Tutti-frutti - 1/2 tspn
Milk - 1/4 cup

Here is the stir....
  • Wash and peel mango.Cut one slice and dice it into small cubes
  • Cut the remaining mango and scoop out the flesh into a blender 
  • Check the sweetness of the mango and sugar accordingly
  • Add a pinch of cinnamon. It is completely optional as the recipe says. I added some and liked the taste
  • Add a tablespoon of fresh cream or malai
  • Pour in a little milk
  • Blend everything together and let it look like a thick milkshake
  • Pour these into small glasses till 3/4th full and let it chill covered in the refrigerator for about a couple of hours
  • Just before serving pull out the glasses and add some almond shavings on top
  • Top it with diced mango
  • Add a scoop of icecream and top it up finally with a little bit of tutti-frutti

Note:
  • Adjust sugar as per sweetness of mango
  • Use fresh malai/cream(homemade) for the best taste
  • Use only a small pinch of cinnamon else it will overpower the mango flavour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails