Smile

Apr 23, 2010

Simply delicious simple cookies

My mom makes these melt-in-the-mouth cookies. We used to called them butter biscuits cos thats all you need to make them. When she used to make, she always felt she never made enuf cos they were always gone before even dad used to come home in the evening after work. These timy little bites will become your favorites too when you get a chance to pop them in. I was making these yesterday when I realized that my little one too is a big fan of these... he calls these as "baby cookies" as they are just bite-size. Its easy for him to finish one and ask for another :)


Serves... makes around 20-24 small cookies
Serve option... room temp

This is what u'll need....

Maida 3/4 cups
Sugar 1/4 cup
Butter 1/4 cup

Here is the stir....
  • Soften butter and keep it ready
  • To a food processor add maida, sugar and butter and give it a good pulse so that everything blends in together evenly. The mixture will look like granules of wet sand and that is the consistency you need
  • Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl and let it rest for about 15-20 mins. Cover it with a moist kitchen tissue
  • Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
  • After the mixture has rested enough shape it into cookies. Now this will be difficult as the mixture will be crumbly. So just try to pat them into some kinda small mould and pop it out
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange all the cookies on it
  • Bake it for about 12-15 mins. Check if the white color of the cookies starts to pale. Dont let it darken else they will turn hard. As soon as they are done pull them out of the oven and let it cool. If they sit in the oven after done they will still keep baking in the heat
  • Pop them and place them in a tray so that they can cool down and be ready to be served. Enjoy!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous26/4/15

    Greetings from California! I'm bored to tears at
    work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the info you provide here and can't wait too take
    a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile ..
    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, amazin site!


    my web blog ... gourmet cookie recipes ()

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Good you like what you see here

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails