Smile

May 23, 2016

Homemade fresh cream...

I buy cows milk for our daily use. When you buy fresh cream then there are a lot of added advantages other than the obvious health benefits. We get to use fresh cream for different recipes, make curd at home, get fresh soft butter and the best part a lot of ghee.  I have some friends who have been asking me how to make butter and then ghee. Posted recipe a while back. Now I have questions about how to get fresh cream for all this. My mom has been following this in her kitchen and this was nothing new to me. Sharing this for all those friends who wanted to know how I do it in my kitchen



Usage... Can be used in various recipes

This is what u'll need....

Milk - as required

Here is the stir....

  • Pour milk into a wide bowl and bring it to a full boil
  • Turn off the flame and let it cool 
  • Once the milk comes to room temperature place it in the fridge(without lid) for at least six hours. I leave it in the first compartment of the fridge overnight
  • Remove it from the fridge. You will see a very thick layer of cream on top of the milk. This is what we are looking for
  • Using a spoon scoop out the cream into a wide bowl
  • Add a couple of tablespoons of milk to the cream
  • Using an electric blender or a a mixie jar blend it into a fine paste. Just a few quick pulses will do the job
  • You can strain it through a strainer to make it more silky like the store-bought ones. I preferably settle down not doing it most of the times. So this step is purely optional
  • Your fresh cream is ready to use. Use in gravies or desserts for that rich taste


Note:
  • Dont add water else you will end up with butter instead of cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails