Smile

Dec 2, 2009

Susiyam... sweet dumplings stuffed with chana dal

Sweet dumplings dipped in little batter and deep fried for a tasteful treat. I have always liked it and have never stopping eating just a few. They are so small and yum that you just dont know how many you popped into your mouth before the plate starts getting empty. Love it.. thats what I have to say. My mom and mil make it a lot for me. They know my love for it. 

Now in my kitchen I make it whenever I wanna eat some. Specially it is made for Karthigai Deepam at my home. Kids also love this a lot


Serves... 2 ppl
Serve option... warm

This is what u'll need....



Chana dal - 1/2 cup
Grated coconut - 4 tbspn
Cardamom - 4
Jaggery - 1/2 cup 
Maida - 1/4 cup
Salt a pinch
Sugar - 1 tbspn
Water for batter
Oil for deep frying


Here is the stir....

    • Boil chana dal for 1 whistle. Drain excess water and grind coarsely
    • Heat little water and dissolve jaggery in it - best to use the microwave for a min
    • To a bowl add grated coconut, cardamom powder, jaggery and chana dal
    • Make into small balls and keep aside
    • In another bowl add maida, sugar, salt and water

    • Dip each ball into the batter and deep fry in hot oil

    • Dont fry too many at the same time as they tend to stick
    • Drain on paper towels
    • Serve warm and enjoy

                  Note:

                  • Dont fry too many at a time
                  • Adjust jaggery to suit your taste
                  • Keep the batter thin else it tastes doughy

                  No comments:

                  Post a Comment

                  Related Posts with Thumbnails