Smile

Dec 1, 2009

Chicken Thokku...my mil style

We at home are big fans of chicken but eating it the very same way everyday is just boring. I keep trying to dig out new recipes so that we never tire out eating chicken. This one is how my mil makes. The time it takes is just the few mins needed to fry onions and tomatoes, rest all is just boiling where you dont have to sweat out near the stove top. My mil made this for my sons naming ceremony. Today I was watching some snaps and got reminded of it. I made it yesterday and it was yum. So here you go.


This is what u'll need....

Mustard  1 tspn
Fennel  (saunf)  1 tspn
Salt to taste
Turmeric ¼ tspn
Sambar powder 1.5 tbspn
Gg Paste 1.5 tbspn
Onion     2 big
Tomato   1 big
Chicken  2 Lbs – cut into small pieces
Water 1 cup


Here is the stir....
  • Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, fennel
  • Toss in chopped onions and fry till translucent
  • Add gg paste and fry till the raw smell is no more
  • Put chopped tomatoes and stir for a while
  • Mix the chicken followed by salt and turmeric
  • Stir and cook covered for 10 minutes on low flame
  • Sprinkle sambar powder and add water
  • Boil the gravy till everything cooked – around 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails