Smile

Dec 27, 2009

Oven/Pan fried Paneer

Fried paneer with a spicy kick is a perfect snack in these cold wintery days. I was getting bored yesterday. In the evening, my kid was sleeping and my hubby was on an official call. I was watching tv with literally no interest in what was going on when there was this recipe that stopped me for a min. A simple breading station and some chicken and they had the perfect snack ready. I wasnt interested in the chicken but was sure interested in the process. Tried a few variations and the end result was just fabulous.




Serves... 2 ppl 
Serve option... Warm with tomato ketchup

This is what u'll need....

Thinly sliced paneer 6
Salt to taste
Bread crumbs 1/2 cup
Chilli powder 1/2 tspn
Chaat masala 1/2 tspn
Egg 1 (optional)
Maida 1/4 cup
Oil

Here is the stir....

  • I intially tried it with eggs and then without. Believe me there is no difference. I have given both the methods for you to choose
  • Set up a breading station with 3 plates - 1) maida with little salt 2) egg 3) bread crumbs with salt, chilli powder and chaat masala/garam masala
  • Coat each slice with maida and then dip it into egg and then coat it with bread crumbs
  • Arrange them on a baking sheet. Drizzle a little olive oil on top and bake it for 8 mins on each side. The second option is to deep fry the panner slices(which is easier)
  • If opting not to use egg, the breading station would be like this - 1) maida with little water and salt(very watery) 2)bread crumbs with salt, chili powder, chaat masala/garam masala

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails