Smile

Dec 9, 2009

Aval dosai

I learnt this from my mom when she came to visit us last year. We were moving to a new location and I was too busy with packing and other stuff...... so that was the excuse I had to have my mother help me with the kitchen :) She used to keep my little one engaged and do all the jobs so perfect. One day she made this new to me recipe.. aval dosai. I didnt know the least how it would taste but when I had the first bite it was just cool ... a slightly spongy and slightly rubbery dosa with coconut chutney.... yumm I can feel my mouth watering now. I Made it today and loved every bite.

This is what u'll need....

Rice 2 cup(sona masoori)
Aval/Beaten rice 1/4 cup
Urad dal 1 tbspn
Salt to taste
Baking powder 1/2 tbspn(optional)

Here is the stir....
  • Soak rice and urad together for around 2-3 hrs
  • Soak dal in a separate bowl for about 30 mins
  • Grind rice and dal to a fine paste
  • Grind aval to the same consistency
  • Mix everything together with little salt and ferment it overnight as you would do for regular dosas
  • When making the dosa pour a laddle on a hot griddle and spread like a medium size dosa. Cover it with a lid and cook till the top of the dosa also looks cooked. Serve with coconut chutney. Dont flip/turn the dosas. It cooks on the top with the steam.
  • In case your batter does not ferment well due to cold weather or else, add baking powder and make dosas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails