Smile

Jul 13, 2009

Chicken gravy .. my grandmother style

My grandmother was a very good cook. As a kid I remember the vacations that we used to spend in our native place. It used to be fun. Nine cousins in one place was fun for us but not for elders. My granny used to cook for all of us. She always wanted to do everything by herself and used to cook us real yummy food everyday. Hmmm.. miss her so much. The other day I was telling my hubby stories of my childhood when I got reminded of the chicken gravy that we used to have. Made it that weekend and really felt my granny's presence that day. 




This is what u'll need....

Chicken 2 lbs
Gg paste 1 tbspn
Salt to taste
Shredded coconut 3 tbspn
Onion 1 med
Sambar powder 1 tbspn
Chilli powder 1/2 tbspn
Oil
Coriander leaves for garnish


Here is the stir....
  • Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped onions to it. Fry till they turn golden brown
  • Toss in chicken and fry for 4-5 mins till the chicken is partially cooked
  • Add gg paste, turmeric, chicken, sambar powder, chilli powder, salt, water
  • Grind coconut and add to the chicken curry
  • Cook on slow heat for about 30 mins
  • Sprinkle garam masala and coriander leaves before removing from heat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails