Smile

Dec 6, 2013

Mango Rice...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mangoes ... yes we can list a thousand reasons why it is named the King of fruits. Do you love mangoes ??? Oh my ... I love it. I love them raw, I love them ripe, I love them in curries, I love them in shakes, I love them in desserts and I love them in what not. They are yummm. Here is a simple recipe not a very rich/royal one though. It is perfect for a pack-up lunch 


Mango Rice is usually made in the early summers when mangoes are fresh in market. Now dont ask me why am posting this now. I am cleaning up my SD card and trying to post as many posts I can. Trying to get stance of some extra space and cleaning up the mess that I have made in my folders trying to put all pics together. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... its just all haywire. Oops I guess I need a lot of organizing now

Posts to be written are just getting piled up and up. So this is a summer recipe posted in the winter ;) Waiting till next summer might not work for me. So here it goes


Serves... 2 ppl
Serve option... Hot

This is what u'll need....

Cooked Rice - 2 cups
Raw Mango - 1
Mustard seeds - 1 tspn
Broken Urad Dal - 1 tspn
Red chilli - 2 nos
Turmeric powder - 1/4tspn
Curry leaves - 1 strand
Oil - 1 tbspn
Salt to taste

Here is the stir....
  • You will need a raw, not ripe at all, sour mango for this recipe. We like to use a very sour one. I think it adds up to the flavor
  • Wash and peel the mango. Grate it using a small-hole grater and set aside

  • In a flat pan add a tbspn of oil. As soon as the oil heats up toss in some mustard seeds. When you hear them sizzle time to add broken urad dal
  •  Immediately add the chillies broken into halves. When you see the urad dal turning a little brown add curry leaves to it and turn down the flame
  • Toss in the grated mango
  • Sprinkle turmeric powder on it and swirl it all together for a minute or two so that it does not stick to the bottom

  • When mango looks a little cooked empty the rice bowl into it. mix it all together so that everything blends well
  • Serve it hot with some fried side dish and enjoy your meal

Note:
  • Dont cook the mango too long else it loses its flavor. Not more than a minute or two with continuous stirring
  • Make sure rice is cooked right. We want the rice not to stick to each other else it will end up all gooey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails