Smile

Dec 5, 2013

Oats n Apple shake.. a healthy drink for a busy morning rush

Sometimes when I dont feel like eating breakfast or sometimes when I am hungry in the evening when  just a cup of coffee/tea would not subside my hunger or sometimes when I just want to drink something which fills up my tummy I rely on such kind of recipes. This is a little more filling than regular shakes. Love such recipes that keep my tummy on the lighter and healthier side plus on the other hand is perfect to combat hunger

A glass of this shake and yes I feel refreshing and am sure if you try it you are going to like it too. 

Serves... 1 person
Serve option... Chilled

This is what u'll need....

Oats - 3 tbspn
Almonds - 5-6 nos
Raisins - 1 1/2 tbspn
Apple - 1 
Sugar / Honey to taste

Here is the stir....
  • Take 3 tablespoons of instant oats in a microwave-safe bowl
  • Mix in the almonds and 1 tablespoon of raisins. Save 1 amond and a few raisins for garnish
  • Add half a cup of water to the bowl. Place it in the microwave and cook for about a minute and a half till they look like mashed potatoes

  • Wash and chop apples roughly. Take a blender jar and add the apple pieces to it. Give it a quick pulse till it runs smooth. Dont take too long as the apple mixture turns brown very soon. I was fooling around with my camera and you can see the results here :(
  • Add the cooked oats to this mixture
  • Mix in honey/sugar for a little sweetness
  • Blend it well till everything becomes nice and smooth. You can add half a cup of chilled milk if you need. It will give you good flavor. But this shake tastes good even without milk
  • Garnish with sliced almonds and few raisins on top
  • Serve chilled with ice-cubes if needed

Note:
  • Cook the oats completely as dont want any raw flavor to sneak in
  • Add a little milk for added flavor
  • Honey is always a better addition coz of its nutritional value
  • Dont expose/grind apple for a long time as it oxidizes very soon. My pic shows brown cos I was fumbling around with my camera ;) You dont have to do that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails