Smile

May 3, 2009

Tuvar dal thovaiyal

Tuvar dal chutney with rasam rice is a perfect menu for a day when your tummy is tired of  rich foods and craves for something really light. It tastes good with dosa and idli too.

I wonder why sometimes I post really simple entries. Its not always that I want to remember or refer the recipe. But when I really am in a state of confusion on what to make for lunch or dinner, such a list helps me a lot. You see it on the list and get to know that theres something you can make but just didnt think of it. In my blog there are many more recipes that might fall under this category.

This is what u'll need....

Tuvar dal 3 tbspn
Tamarind paste 1/2 tspn or less
Red chillies 4
Coconut pieces 1 cup
Garlic
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbspn

Here is the stir....
  • Heat oil in a pan and add tuvar dal, red chillies and garlic. Fry this till tuvar dal turns a little brown. Remove from heat and let them cool
  • Grind the above to a fine paste along with coconut and salt
  • You can add a tspn of fried sesame seeds too if you want

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails