Smile

May 26, 2009

Egg Roll

I remember having this in my childhood days when dad used to drive us all the way to a nearby town to this special hotel that used to serve spicy egg rolls. I know we were never had enuf of it. It used to be so yummy that we used to plan outings especially to eat them. Those were those golden old days I cherish all the time. Nowadays they make different versions of it and have named them frankie.... thats why I am a big fan of them too. I am using wheat flour here for the health conscious eye.


Serves... 2 ppl
Serve option... Warm with tomato ketchup


This is what u'll need....

Chapathis 4
Onion 1 small
Chilli powder 1/2 tspn
Green chilli - optional
Ketchup 1 tspn
Vinegar/lemon juice 1/2 tspn
Salt to taste
Eggs 2

Here is the stir....
  • Mix together thinly sliced onions, chilli powder, chopped green chillies, ketchup, vinegar and salt in a bowl and keep aside
  • Break open an egg and mix a little salt to it
  • Heat a tawa. Drizzle a little oil and pour half the egg on it to the size of a chapathi
  • After a few seconds top it with a chapathi and let it cook for a few more seconds
  • Flip and wait for a few more seconds
  • Keep it on a plate and spread a little onion mixture in the middle like a line
  • Wrap it like a roll and serve it warm with ketchup

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nirmala,

    Now that I am back to US, I am trying to get back to cooking:) I hardly remember any of my old recipes. So thought of trying something new. I tried this out yesterday and enjoyed it thoroughly as a snack.

    Tej

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19/7/11

    Thanks a lot Tej for the comment. Very happy to know that you like it and more happy to know that you stopped by to let me know that you liked it. Good that it was of help ;)
    Keep coming by for more :)

    Nims G

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails