Smile

Feb 16, 2017

Sooji / Rava burfi ...


Sooji / rava burfi is a simple yet delectable dessert. The very first time I tried this was when one of my very good friend and neighbour shared this dessert with us a few years back. During diwali she made this sweet to share with all of us. She had made it in the form of pedas and they looked very intersting too. I liked it so much that I had to ask for the recipe. Very few ingredients go into the making and the procedure to make it also very simple except the stirring part..... yes you have to keep stirring it from start to finish

I made it once as soon as I got the recipe and it turned out good. After that I completely forgot about this sweet. When I planned to make it again some time back I only knew the ingredients but forgot the proportions. Checked out my blog but found that I had forgotten to post about it in the blog. Called up my friend today and asked her for the recipe again. Made it and enjoyed a lot. This time made sure I noted down the recipe and archive it here in the blog too. The one my friend shared was shaped in the form of pedas. This time I made it like burfi

You can make a big batch at a time so it can serve as a great addition to festive sweets. One more addition to festival sweets especially diwali


  
Serves... 10 pieces
Serve option... Room Temp

This is what u'll need...

Rava - 1 cup
Sugar - 4 cups
Milk - 4 cups
Ghee - 1 cup

Here is the stir....
  • Gather all the ingredients - milk, sugar, ghee and rava

  • Add everything to a nonstick pan and stir well 
  • Place this pan on the stove and turn on the flame to medium
  • The moment the mixture starts heating up the ghee will start to float on top. Ensure continuous stirring to avoid the formation of any lumps
  • When the mixture starts boiling, it will try to spill over so continue stirring all the way through
  • In a few minutes the mixture will start to thicken. Keep cooking
  • Another few minutes and the mixture will start leaving the sides of the pan and will stick to the spatula. This is when you know that the mixture is cooked and done
  • Turn off the flame and pour the mixture onto a greased plate. Let the mixture cool down a little
  • Once the barfi sets nicely, use a knife to cut it into desired shapes. I cut it into squares... you can try cutting it into rectangles, triangles or diamonds too
  • If you are planning to make it into pedas then you will have to work with the mixture while it is still hot and also remve it from the pan couple of minutes before the mixture gets too thick. Grease your hand with a little ghee. When the mixture is a little hot and ok to handle, pinch out small portions and roll it into the shape of pedas
  • Serve your loved and share with friends too to enjoy the sweet



                                    Note: 
                                    • Keep stirring all the way through
                                    • Keep the flame on medium when cooking
                                    • The actual calls for 5 cups sugar but I have used only 4 cups
                                    • Use any small cup for measure. Just ensure you use the same cup to measure all the ingredients

                                    No comments:

                                    Post a Comment

                                    Related Posts with Thumbnails