Smile

Feb 2, 2017

Coconut burfi... the soft and chewy style... using condensed milk



I love coconut burfi... I love all the varieties that I have had till now. I think its all about coconut that I am love with and so this dessert. My mom makes using coconut,milk and sugar. My mil uses just coconut and sugar. I have had some made using coconut and sugar syrup... Hmmm.. I know there are so many ways its made but yes as I said I love them all

This one makes coconut burfi.. the chewy style. It is soft, sweet and slightly chewy. It stays good for 3-4 days. I made it for diwali last time and they were all gone before I could share them with friends and family on diwali day :) This is a quicker version to make the burfi. I have used homemade condensed milk which I had at hand




Serves... makes 16-20 pieces
Serve option... Room Temp

This is what u'll need...

Coconut - 1 small
Condensed milk - 3/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Cardamom - 2
Ghee - 1 tspn

Here is the stir....
  • Break coconut into halves and use a knife to take out slices. Peel the brown skin form the back of the coconut slices
  • Slice it up thinly and toss it into a blender jar
  • Give it quick pulses and make it into a coarse powder
  • Put the grated coconut into a heavy bottom pan
  • Pour the condensed milk on the coconut powder. Add half of the quantity initially. Taste it and then add remaining accordingly. I have used homemade condensed milk for this recipe
  • Mix everything well so that there are no bug lumps
  • Place the kadhai on the stove are start heating the mixture. Initially the mixture will be runny 
  • Keep stirring it continuously for about 15 minutes until the mixture turns thick
  • Pour about 1/4 cup of milk into the pan and mix it well 
  • Let this cook for a few more minutes until almost all the moisture has dried up 
  • Add a teaspoon of ghee to the mixture and give it one final stir
  • Transfer this to a greased plate and spread it immediately while its hot


  • Wait for a minute and then cut it into slices while still warm
  • Serve at room temperature and enjoy


                                            Note:
                                            • Remove the brown cover from coconut slices is optional. Sometimes it is hard which I dont prefer
                                            • Add half the condensed milk first and then check for sweetness and add remaining accordingly
                                            • Grease the plate before pouring the how mixture on it

                                            No comments:

                                            Post a Comment

                                            Related Posts with Thumbnails