Smile

Nov 18, 2009

Banana split

Me and my hubby love banana split - fried bananas with ice cream. The other day I saw this chef on TV making with so much ease that my mouth started watering and my tummy started singing. Its been a long time since we had it so I thought why not try making when my tummy is inviting me so many times. Tried it yesterday and it turned out yummy. I modified the recipe a little to suit our style.


This is what u'll need....

Ripe banana 2
Maida 1/2 cup
Cornflour 1/4 cup
Cinnammon/Cardamom powder less than 1/4 spn- I used cardamom
Sugar 4 tspn
Baking powder 1/4 tspn
Oil
Water to make batter
Ice cream
Raisins/dried fruits/fresh cream to decorate


Here is the stir....

  • Mix maida, cornflour, baking powder, sugar and cardamom powder
  • Add water to make a smooth and thick paste - like for bajji's
  • Heat oil in a pan
  • Peel and cut banana into halves. Split each half into 3 slices lengthwise. Put them in freezer for 5 mins
  • Dip each slice in batter and deep fry in oil
  • Remove and drain them on a paper towel
  • Place three fried banana slice and then top them with tiny scoops of ice cream
  • Top it all off with some raisins/whipped cream/nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails