Smile

Nov 8, 2009

Groundnut Chutney

I had this chutney first when I visited by local guardians house during a weekend .. college days. She was such a sweet lady. Always used to make different things so that I can have a break from the boring hostel food. I have spent real quality time with her and her family... the kids used to love me coming home to play with them. Talking about peanut chutney, I love it and then is when I learnt this quick recipe. I dont make this very often as it is just cholesterol and nothing else. But it is worth having it once in a while



Serves... 2ppl
Serve option... Dosas, idlis

This is what u'll need....

Peanut 1/2 cup
Red chillies 3
Salt to taste
Tamarind very little - 1/4 tspn
Garlic 1 big clove
Oil
Mustard 1 tspn
Urad dal 1 tspn


Here is the stir....
  • Fry the peanuts and garlic till they lose their raw flavor and cool them. Remove the skin if it has, I use the ones without cover so no hassles
  • Grind this with red chillies, salt, tamarind and garlic to a very fine paste
  • Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal. Pour this into the chutney and give it a good stir. Serve with hot idlis or dosas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails