Smile

Apr 10, 2015

A Luscious Curd Sandwich

A recipe revisited after my good old school days. All of us have lots of memories about lots of sweet things. Some things or moments are like never-forgotten. I have millions of such memories to say ;) This recipe here is one such childhood memory that has been sitting in the back of my head for a very long time. I have thought of making this recipe so many times but never got a chance. I just did not get the right opportunity to try it. Finally tried it and we all had a great time enjoying every bite of it




A sandwich that I had always loved from my besties snack box every time she brought to school. I loved it so much that the taste still lingered after so many years flew away. It is not a story about any rich, dramatic, classy recipe but for sure a very very simple recipe that had caught my attention even in my school days :) 

This recipe jotted down here is not the exact recipe that I have had memories of but I have tried keeping the basic ingredient intact while tried to play around with spices a bit. The final outcome was a little different from the original mind-lingering taste, but that was something I had expected since the spice was a little away from original. Well however it was, every sandwich served was gobbled up by everyone with a deep sense of satisfaction. Now that is when a mom can feel really happy after making something that she feel "is special". Thumbs up for this recipe from all of us





Serves... 3 ppl
Serve option... Hot

This is what u'll need....

Hung Curd - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium
Coriander leaves - 5-7  strands
Whole wheat bread - 12 slices
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste

Here is the stir....
  • To make hung curd, pour curd into a muslin cloth and tie  the ends together to form a potli or bag like. Now put this on a strainer which has been kept on a vessel to gather the draining liquid. Leave this in the fridge overnight to remove all the liquid from the curd


  • Transfer this curd into a working bowl. This will have a rich creamy texture which will give the sandwich the needed treat :)
  • Chop onion finely and add it to the curd
  • Time for a little green(I guess not a part of the original recipe). Add finely chopped coriander leaves. Around 2 tbspn should bring out flavors. You can skip this if you want. My kids did not realise me adding the greens as they were mixed thoroughly. In general they would  be the first to start picking out greens from any form of food with their tiny fingers. Good they liked this recipe so much that they did not bother to play around much with it
  • Time for a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
  • Mix everything together to bring it all together
  • Spread a generous amount of mixture on a slice of bread. Place another slice of bread on top of it. Make sandwiches the same way
  • Toast it in a sandwich maker until nice and crispy
  • Serve hot with a glass of chilled lemon juice for a perfect combination at breakfast



Note:
  • Dont use very sour curd. It will ruin the flavor
  • Coriander is optional. Add it if you like
  • Original recipe calls for adding sev/bhujia if my memory is correct. Try it. I did not have any for today so not in the recipe as is

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails