Smile

Apr 23, 2015

Coffee Cookies .... just for me :)

I love coffee and people who know me well know about my love for coffee. I love trying coffee candies, coffee cake, ice coffee, coffee biscuits, coffee ice-cream and many more. Now when I am such a big fan then I was sure to try coffee cookies as well. So yes I gave it a try and I loved every bite of it. I made a small batch as I was sure they would not love to indulge in the coffee taste

The cookies turn our slightly crisp and very light and airy. Loved the texture and the perfect sweetness and coffee flavour. In fact I just eyeballed the ingredients so am giving an estimate only for quantity of ingredients used



Serves... 4 ppl
Serve option... Room temp

This is what u'll need....

Butter - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
All-purpose flour/Maida - 3/4 cup
Instant coffee powder - 1/2 tspn

Here is the stir....
  • Measure room temperature 1/4 cup of soft butter into a wide bowl
  • Spoon in 1/4 cup of loosely packed powdered sugar
  • Use a fork and mix the butter-sugar mixture until it turns very light and fluffy
  • Add 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour/maida into the bowl
  • Add instant coffee powder to the flour. I added about half a teaspoon. It may be increased or decreased as per ones choice
  • Mix everything together with a fork. We are not looking for a dough but instead looking for piping consistency. If the batter is to thick then add a tablespoon or two of milk and mix thoroughly
  • Transfer the dough/batter into a piping bag
  • Pipe the cookies on a baking tray
  • Place the baking tray in a 180 degrees preheated oven and bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until done
  • When done remove the cookies from baking tray and let them cool
  • Store them in airtight containers and enjoy whenever you want

                                    Note:
                                    • Fluff up the sugar-butter mixture very well before adding the flour
                                    • Adjust sugar and coffee powder to suit your taste

                                    No comments:

                                    Post a Comment

                                    Related Posts with Thumbnails