Smile

Aug 6, 2009

Bhindi fry

Okra is good for the eyes and brain. Thats what I have always heard my mom say. In childhood days when I used t hesitate eating sabjis, my mom used to convince me by making funny stories. And for kra she used to say this - 'eat this if you want to score more marks in maths in the coming unit test' Hearing that I used to gobble up my whole share. It was funny but I guess a fun way for my mom to make me eat.
Here is the simplest recipe that is often seen on my kitchen counter.




Serves... 2 ppl 
Serve option... Hot rice and dal


This is what u'll need....

Okra 1/2 lb
Salt to taste
Chilli powder 1/2 tspn
Sambar powder 1/2 tspn 
Oil

Here is the stir....
  • Cut okra into thin rounds and keep the them aside
  • Heat oil in a pan
  • Toss in the okra and fry till the stickiness is gone
  • Add salt, chilli powder and sambar powder to okra
  • Cook on medium till done

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails