Smile

Apr 20, 2016

Doughnuts... loved by every kid

Doughnuts are my kids favorite and I should say my favorite too. I love munching on them especially the munchkins. I have loved them from day one. I feel that the doughnuts I find here in my place dont taste as good or fresh as they are meant to be. Initially I had to deal with it to help with my craze but once my kitchen saw these beauties were better and absolutely fresh when made at home, there was no going back. 







We love making them at home and yes I get a lot of help from my little buddies as its their favorite snack. They love making them and glazing/decorating/dipping them. 

I love everytihng except the deep frying part but I never stop eating it inspite of the guilt. I have always thought of trying the baked version but it has never happened. I fear it will not taste as good these. But I am planning to try that too though I dont know when
Well these are perfect to enjoy as your favorite snack


Serves... makes 24 
Serve option... Room temperature

This is what u'll need....

All-purpose flour - 3 cups
Yeast - 2 tspn
Milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 tbspn
Milk powder - 3 tbspn
Butter - 1 tbspn
Salt - a pinch
Oil - for frying

Here is the stir....

    • Take lukewarm milk in a cup. Remember - if milk is too hot, it will kill the yeast - if milk is cold then it will not activate the yeast. Make sure you chk the tempertaure of milk before adding yeast to it. For detailed instructions follow the step-by-step instructions here -> How to Proof Yeast
    • Measure in yeast into the milk
    • Add a tablespoon of sugar and give it good stir. Cover the cup and let it sit 10-15 minutes. The mixture will turn frothy if everything went right else redo the step

    • Measure all purpose flour into a working bowl
    • Measure in the milk powder for a special taste
    • Spoon in melted butter into the mixture 
    • Pour the frothy yeast mixture into the flour and knead it into a soft dough. Add milk or water if needed
    • Cover the dough with a muslin cloth. Let it rest in a warm place for 45 minutes or until it doubles in size

    • Punch the dough and divide it into 2 parts 
    • Dust your working surface and roll out one piece of the dough. Roll it thick 


    • Now with the help of some shape cutters cut the donut shapes. We use the centres to make our munchkins

    • Once all the doughnuts are ready cover it with a muslin cloth and let it rest for another 30-40 mins - the second rise

    • When they are all puffed up and ready to be made, heat oil in a wok
    • Slide 3-4 doughnuts into medium hot oil and fry till they are golden brown on both sides





    • When fried, drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil

    • For a simple glaze mix powdered sugar with a few spoons of milk and give it a good stir. Dip the doughnuts in the glaze and then set them on plates 
    • For chocolate top, melt chocolate in a small bowl. Dip doughnuts in it and decorate with colourful sugar balls 

    • Enjoy your favourite doughnuts any time of the day




                                      Note:
                                      • Let the dough rise properly both the times for best results
                                      • When rolling out the dough be sure to keep it thick 
                                      • Fry them on medium flame for even colouring and cooking 

                                      No comments:

                                      Post a Comment

                                      Related Posts with Thumbnails