Smile

Apr 30, 2009

Chole... spicy chick peas curry

Poori and chole .....wowwwwwwwwww... we love it. I love chick peas.. the way they look... cute I should say. I have had it with so many taste variations that I am not quite sure of the number. My mom makes it different, my mil makes a diff version and in my childhood I have had many tasty bowls of this spicy gravy at many many aunts place. Its a very often made menu in all get-togethers for the vegetarian crowd. They are loaded with protien, fiber and calcium too... so, a healthy food source.

Serves... 2 ppl 
Serve option... With chapathis or pooris

This is what u'll need....

Chick peas soaked overnight 1 cup
Onion 1 med
Tomato 1 med
Gg paste 1 tbspn
Whole garam masala
Chilli powder 1 tspn
Coriander powder 1 tspn
Cumin powder 1 tspn
Coriander leaves for garnish
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbspn

Here is the stir....
  • Boil chick peas with salt and keep it aside
  • Heat oil in a pan and add whole garam masala
  • Toss in chopped onions and salt and fry till onion turns translucent
  • Add gg paste and fry till it is cooked
  • Toss in chopped tomatoes, chilli, cumin, coriander powder and cook covered for 10-12 mins
  • Mash a handful of chickpeas and add to the masala along with some water
  • Add the remaining chick peas and boil the mixture till everything blends together
  • Cook for more time if you want the curry to be thicker in consistency
  • Finally garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails