Smile

Mar 21, 2013

Strawberry lemonade...

Strawberries are sweet and lemonades are yummm so Strawberry lemonade should yummily sweeeeeettt..... and yes they are. They are one of the best lemonades at my home. We have loved this every time we've made. It is so much loved that I make a ont-time syrup and chill it in the refrigerator. Every time we want to relish this heavenliness, we just need a couple of minutes before we can sit down, relax and enjoy.

It seems like I have been making this for ages now but no.... its just after my elder kid turned one. It was only after that time that I had somebody to ask me for specials all the while. Each time my little one has asked me for something special, I have always tried to give my best at it. This one is another such addition that has been introduced into our home's quenchers menu for my little nunnu - thats how I called him when he was one. I have called him by a thousand different names after that :)

I know that everybody knows how to make a lemonade and also know that it is easiest thing to remember. This is my style with little top-ups for a perfectly balanced-out taste to suit our style. We love this better than stocking up store bought juice bottles. Easy to make and perfect to quench your fiery thirst :)

This post has been sitting in my folder for such a long time that I have to post it now.... am doing my homework you see...

Serves... Many... can be stocked up for a while
Serve option... Chilled with ice cubes

This is what u'll need....

Strawberries - 10-12 nos
Water - 2 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1/2 cup
Lemon zest - 1 tbspn

Here is the stir....
  • Wash and chop strawberries into fours each
  • Make a simple sugar syrup by adding sugar and water in a pan and stirring on medium flame
  • Add chopped strawberries into the pan and bring it to a boil. Keep stirring the mixture so that it doesnt stick to the pan too much
  • Let this sit on the flame for a few more minutes till the strawberry starts getting mashed up in the heat. Use you ladle to squish the berries a little. By now it will look like a little pulpy liquid. Give a good mix and lower the flame
  • Pour the lemon juice and toss in the lemon zest too. Stir good one last time and turn down the flame

  • Let it cool down completely. Now its ready to be transferred to a jar that you can refrigerate. Leave it in till you need it to be served
  • Just before serving, add a little syrup to a glass. Fill it up with chilled water. Add a little sugar if needed. At ours our little one needs it a little sweeter than our drink. So i add a little more to his glass each time :) Top it up with ice cubes and enjoy

Note:
  • You can leave the pulp of strawberries and lemons in the juice. But if dont want them in you can always strain it to keep your lemonade very clear
  • Keep sugar on the low when making the syrup. Adjust as per taste when serving. In most cases you might not need any extra
  • Instead of using chopped strawberries you can also its puree. Depends on how you would like it. I make it both ways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails