Smile

Sep 11, 2012

Silky Creamy Paneer Delicacy




So long since since i sat down to pen some of my favorites. Life had so many changes - some were good, some ok, some very bad, some happy, some sad.. thoughts running all over my head. All these have kept me away from this place not cos I was busy,, not cos I was lazy, not cos i dint want to but i just dont know what. Anyways back again to write down some recipes that i have tried and also some of childhood favs that i had almost forgotten. You know my problem now.. if i dont pen i just forget it - let it be the recipe itself or its instructions. Very recently i caught with some recipes that i have enjoyed as a kid but have never tried it in my own kitchen. Will post them soon so that i can keep it safe for my very own reference.

This one here is an inspiration from my friends recipe. I had been to my friend Shobi's place couple of months back. She is a very good friend - a kind of person everyone would love to be friends with. This time it was an unplanned visit to their house when we stepped in right before dinner time. She had planned something special for her family when we guys and another family friend too joined in. Wow... what a fantastic meal that day... loved every bite and i did make sure to ask her for the recipe :) now thats how i am. My mil always says that one should never lose an opportunity to learn and especially if it is something that has won your heart. This time it was a yummy paneer curry with naan. I got the recipe from Shobi and then days passed by and as usual i forgot. Called her again and got the recipe but this time too forgot to note it down and as usual could not pull it up from my brainy brains database. I remembered bits and pieces but not the entire :( When thinking and trying to make it i did not have a couple of ingredients so had to change a few steps here and there to fit with ingredients that i had. Believe me the outcome was awesome. I will sure call my friend to get her correct recipe version and post it soon.

Here i present my version of Creamy paneer delicacy that is my new fav addition to a yummy dinner menu. This came out fantastic and the best part for me - niks my 4 yr old loves it to the core. This is the compliment that i got "Mommy you are soooooooooooooo nice. This is most awesome food i have ever had. When i grow big like Dadda i will make something yummy like this just for you." Now that was one good "Love award" for a proud mommy. So here it goes third time in a row being served for dinner. Special orders here.


Serves... 2 ppl 
Serve option... Naan, Chapathi, Poori

This is what u'll need....

Paneer - 250 gms
Onion - 2 big
Tomato - 2 medium
Cashew - 4-5 whole
Khuskhus - 1 tsp 
Cream - 3/4 cup
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnish
Oil for tadka
Salt to taste

Here is the stir....
  • In a dry pan fry cashews and khuskhus till they turn a little brown. Remove from fire and let them cool
  • Cut paneer into small squares and soak them in hot water
  • In a pan pour 1 tbsp oil. Add mustard and cumin seeds when the oil is hot

  • As they start crackling add thinly sliced onions and fry for a minute or two. We dont want them to be too soft  so just a little stir here and there on medium flame
  • Add long-thickly sliced tomatoes an fry for just a minute
  • Now time for all the dry spice powders - red chilli, cumin, coriander, garam masala. Sprinkle some salt. Stir for a couple of minutes
  • By the time they get cooking grind the cashew and khuskhus in a blender without water. When it becomes powdery add a little water and grind to a fine paste - should look creamy
  • Empty this paste into the pan and fry them all for a few more mins
  • Toss in the paneer and give it a stir
  • Lower the flame and gently fold in the cream into it. Cook for one more minute not too much and alls done


  • Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves


Note:

  • Soak the paneer in hot water to make it soft like sponge
  • Grind cashews and khuskhus to a very fine paste to get creamy texture in the gravy
  • Dont cook cream for too long

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous23/2/13

    I think this is amоng the most signifiсant info foг me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

    Check out my blog post; keyword

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails