Smile

Jun 1, 2012

Rava ladoo... another version

My love for rava ladoos is never ending. It is so much that apart from making them so much at home I end up buying at sweet shops too. Now thats crazy right. Every diwali I make this for sure... it being my favourite

Simple to make and lovely to enjoy makes it most preferred sweet :)

This is another version or  I should say "the usual version" followed by the sweet shops. This is the correct version also I guess. The recipe I posted earlier is my mom tweaked version :) 



Serves... makes  25-30 ladoos
Serve option... Room Temperature

This is what u'll need....

Sooji / Rava - 2 cups
Powdered Sugar - 1 1/2 cup or less
Ghee - 5 tbspns
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tspn
Cashews and raisins

Here is the stir....

    • Dry roast sooji / rava now flame till you can smell its aroma
    • Once done, transfer the rava to a newspaper or plate(I prefer newspaper). Let it cool and come down to room temperature
    • Transfer it to a blender jar and grind it fine

    • Heat ghee in a pan 
    • Pour the ground rava into it and mix it
    • Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder to it
    • Mix everything together 
    • Heat ghee in a pan and add broken cashews and raisins to it. Fry till cashews turn golden. Do this on low flame
    • Add this to the rava mixture and give it a good mix
    • Using little ghee try to shape the mixture into balls when warm
    • Serve during festivals and have fun

    Note:
    • Dont brown the rava when frying. Make sure it is roasted on low flame
    • Adjust sugar to suit your taste
    • If the mixture is too dry add a few drops of warm ghee / milk to help in binding and making the shape

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails