Smile

May 22, 2010

Cauliflower egg cutlets

I remember the first time i tried this for lunch on a rainy day. We were all asked to work from home cos of heavy rains that day and what a wonder all my managers were on leave giving me nothing else to do other than cooking a good meal for us. Days like these come once in a bluemoon and so if there is chance the best thing is to grab it.

Wondering what to make i was peeking into the fridge when i did not many vegetables that could help me through. The only thing that struck my eyes was this cauliflower that had sitting untouched for quite a while. I was in no mood for a sabji or manchurian or fry so put my 'eager-to-eat' inside to work. I was not so used to surfing the internet at that time so thinking was the only choice. Tried out this below recipe and it was a super-duper hit. We have always loved this recipe and now my little one has also joined the group. We just love it and thats all it says.... :)

There are many variations to this and i will try to keep posting the recipes as and when i make them


Serves... 2 ppl 
Serve option... Hot with chilli sauce or ketchup

This is what u'll need....

Shredded cauliflower 1/2 cup
Chilli sauce 1 tbspn
Coriander leaves a handful
Gg paste 1 tspn
Corn flour 1 tbspn
Egg 1
Salt to taste
Green chillies 2(optional)
Oil for frying

Here is the stir....
  • For shredding cauliflower i give a quick pulse in my food processor. Just a short pulse as you want to keep it a little chunky for a beautiful texture
  • Mix egg, salt, chilli sauce, chopped chillies, chopped coriander leaves and corn flour.
  • I sometimes add a little breadcrumbs too for a crunchy effect on outside. Both the variations are equally delicious. Its just the mood that defines it for us
  • The mixture should not be too runny. If it is then you can  adda little more corn flour or maida as required
  • Heat a tbspn of oil in a pan and add tablespoonfuls of this mixture. Cook till golden brown and then flip it over to cook on the other side
  • Serve hot with your favorite sauce and give your tastebuds a treat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails