Smile

Jan 12, 2010

Fried spicy chana dal

Me and my litle one are 2 junkies. We are any time ready to fill junk food into our poor little tummies. My little one is just so fond of chips, fries and all that fried stuff. Sometimes if i have nothing at home, he insists me to make some... he is just 2 but always demands things as a grown-up kid.. One day we were eating mixture and my little guy was picking out boondis and chana dals from it. Not realizing that was the last portion in hee packet I popped some into my mouth. He cried so aloud that I could not figure out the reason at the first shot. When asking him over and over he said 'Mummy eat baby mixture'... thats how is his english now ;) I dint have anything to give so i said eat chocolate and i will make dal for you.. he agreed and I had to make this recipe.

I make this very rarely but love it when made. Especially love this when my mil makes with all the patience that she has :)

Serves... 2 ppl 
Serve option... at room temp

This is what u'll need....

Chana dal 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder
Oil 1-2 tbspn
Here is the stir....
  • Soak chana dal in hot water for about an hour
  • Drain, pat dry and keep it aside
  • Heat oil in a pan on medium low an toss in the chana dal
  • Keep stirring it till they crisp up and turn a little golden brown. Keep an eye on them as they tend burn very fast. So keep tossing them
  • When they are done sprinkle salt and chilli powder. Give a final good stir so that the masala sticks on evenly on the dal
  • Remove it on a paper towel to drain out any excess oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails