Smile

Jan 9, 2010

Crispy tacos

I wanted to try crispy tacos for a long long time but wanted my own taste in it. Thought I should buy a taco kit and try it but then I saw this tortilla bunch lying around. Usually I use it to make chips for evening snacks. Yesterday I was thinking I should try something like a crispy taco and it did work great. It was a sweet surprise to fill our tummy. Loved every bite of it. It sure tastes much fresh than the restaurant/fastfood version.  Making it again today as I have a couple more shells that I made yesterday

 

Serves... 4 ppl 
Serve option... Hot sauce

This is what u'll need....

Tortillas 2
Tomato 1 (deseeded and chopped)
Chesse - combination of mozzarella and cheddar 4 tbspn
Hot sauce 2 tspn
Boiled Rajma or Chole - 1 cup
Lettuce 1/2 cup
Curd (water drained out) 2-3 tbspn
Garam masala 1/4 tspn
Salt to taste
Oil 

Here is the stir....
  • Fold the tacos into half and place a little aluminium foil in the middle to hold the shape as a crispy taco would look like
  • Sprinkle a little oil, salt, garam masala on each side of the tortilla. Bake it in a preheated oven - 350 degrees for about 7-8 mins on each side
  • Cool it with the foil inside to retain the shape
  • Meanwhile, mash the Chole or Rajma and add some salt, hot sauce to it
  • Take a tortilla shell and put a spoonful of mashed chole. Top it with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, hot sauce and a little curd. Make sure water in the curd is drained out fully
  • Add more hot sauce if needed. Serve with extra curd and sauce

1 comment:

  1. Made hard taco shells yesterday and they turned out good. Decent because we didn't use any kind of cheese :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails