Smile

Aug 18, 2015

Tapioca chips

I love tapioca chips and so do my kids. Whenever tapioca is in season I buy them for sure. Love eating tazhicha kelangu / tapioca puttu. My mom makes it for breakfast or as an evening snack. I can keep eating it as long as my tummy can hold ;) 

But I always buy tapioca chips from outside... hot chips. They are perfectly done always and fresh too. We all love it. Last time when I bought some tapioca to make puttu my elder kiddo instead  wanted to have some chips so ended up making this



  
Serves... 2 ppl
Serve option... Room Temp

This is what u'll need...

Tapioca - as needed
Oil - for frying
Salt to taste

Here is the stir....
  • Score the tapioca length wise and then using the knife pull the peel apart. It comes quite easily if you score it deep into the top thick skin 
  • Wash the peeled tapioca
  • Slice it thin using a slicer. I lost my slicer so had to borrow my neighbours and well it was a different kind which I could not get to use right so the chips are not proper circles :)
  • Heat oil in a kadhai on high heat
  • Drop a few tapioca slices into the hot oil and stir them for about half a minute
  • Reduce the flame to medium and fry the chips till they are almost done
  • Meanwhile in a bowl add salt and little water. Stir to dissolve the salt completely

  • When the chips are almost done sprinkle a few drops of the salt water into hot oil
  • Stir once and remove the chips from oil
  • Drain them on paper napkins to remove excess oil
  • Let the chips come down to room temperature and transfer them to an airtight container


                                      Note: 
                                      • Keep the flame high when adding the chips to oil. Turn down the flame to medium after about 30 seconds
                                      • Be careful when adding salt water, it might splutter

                                      No comments:

                                      Post a Comment

                                      Related Posts with Thumbnails