Smile

Feb 22, 2014

Gobhi fry... with the perfect crisp

I love cauliflower and specially the fried and spiced ones. Manchurian, gobhi-65, pakode... you name it, I like it. I guess many of us have a similar liking on this front. A beautiful flower that wins every heart that tries it. Yeah it is. Its a perfect vegetable that suits every palette style. From kids to adults to elders everybody is always so fascinated by its taste and goodness



I learnt this beautiful recipe from my mil. The first time she made it for me, I just fell in love with it. I told you ... she is a perfect cook. Anything she cooks tastes great. I was new to the kitchen world when I got married, no wonder most of us are. I used to watch her cook, least trying to help with cooking. Rather I would help her with cleaning and washing and cutting vegetables and pretty much anything she would want me to do.  I started learning to cook from her kitchen. That is when I learnt this too. So its like ages now but still I love it every time we make it. Also my mil tries to make it every time for us when we visit their house and if the day permits us for a vegetarian meal :)



Try this recipe and I am sure you wont be disappointed. You and your family are gonna love it. Simple and satiating it is

Serves... 4 ppl
Serve option... Hot

This is what u'll need....

Cauliflower - 1 medium
Turmeric powder - 1 tspn
Rice flour - 1 tbspn
Gram flour - 1 tbspn
Corn flour - 1 tbspn
Sambar powder - 1 tspn
Oil for frying
Salt to taste

Here is the stir....
  • Wash cauliflower and cut or snip into small florets. Dont make it very small or you will find it tough managing them getting into the oil. And always medium size florets are easier to serve and eat
  • Fill a bowl with water and add a spoon of turmeric to it. Soak the florets in turmeris water for 5-10 mins
  • After soaking enough, transfer it to a pan that you can heat. Bring the water to a rolling boil with a little salt and turn off the flame
  • Pass this through a strainer immediately and drain out the water. Leave it in the strainer for some time to remove any leftover water
  • Transfer this to a working bowl and spoon in all the dry ingredients. Add rice flour, gram flour, corn flour and sambar powder. Sprinkle a little if needed. Check before you add as we already added when we boiled the florets
  • Mix everything together so that all the dry stuff is evenly coated on the florets. No need of any water. We are just gonna leave it as a dry rub
  • Heat oil in a pan . I use a heavy bottomed pan with 5-6 tbspns of oil. Add a few florets at a time and cook
  • Stir around once in a while and cook on medium-high flame till done. They should be crispy from all sides 
  • When cooked take out the florets and drain them on paper towels
  • Serve hot as an appetizer or as a side-dish and enjoy


Note:
  • Dont boil the cauliflower for long . A little bite will make it taste better
  • Keep an eye when you feel it is almost done. It turns dark very quick once cooked

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails