Smile

May 12, 2013

Coffee Mocha ... the simple way


Summer summer summer... yes summer is in. Temperatures are soaring, we are raining sweat, tired is a common word around, thirst is not something thats getting quenched very easily and the list goes on and on. I love coffee but drinking hot coffee is getting ruled out from my list nowadays. Love to hold something cold all the time to sip on and on.  Juices, shakes, butter milk, ice cream, chilled fruits, popsicles, crushed ice and mainly cold water are all the star highlights these days. Cant pass a day without atleast couple of these being dragged along ;)

Coming to coffee, as I said 'I love coffee' but drinking it hot is not much fun at this time of the year. I love making this simple cold coffee "My style Coffee Mocha" as I call it. Couple of minutes and a tall glass of chilled coffee is ready for the sip.

Whipped cream will have an added effect but I dont use it on a daily basis as I use fresh cream from 'boiled and cooled' milk. I feel it gives an extra flavor


Serves... 1 person
Serve option... Chilled with ice cubes

This is what u'll need....

Milk with cream - 1 cup
Chocolate bar - 1 tbspn melted
Instant coffee powder - 1 1/2 tspn
Sugar to taste
Ice cubes

Here is the stir....
  • Pick a little piece of a plain chocolate bar that you may have stacked up in your refrigerator. I used some Lindt dark chocolate that I had. Place this in a microwave safe bowl and let it stand in the microwave for 30-40 secs to melt it down. Keep an eye on it as microwave powers vary
  • Pour milk into a blender. I usually boil cows milk, let it cool and store it in the fridge. To get fresh cream leave the bowl open in the fridge for a couple of hours when chilling. A thick layer of cream floats on top. Use this too for the coffee
  • Now add instant coffee, melted chocolate, sugar and ice cubes to the blender
  • Time for the fun part... blending. Blend it till everything is perfect mix and the drink is a frothy, chill mix
  • Pour into a tall glass and garnish with a little grated chocolate. Serve chilled and enjoy
Note:
  • Using cream is optional but who does not like a rich touch :)
  • Dark chocolate adds flavor but if you dont have it handy regular would do too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails