Smile

Apr 21, 2010

Onion tomato chutney with a hint of jalapeno

I had some jalapenos in the fridge when i did not know what to do with. I usually dont use them in my kitchen. A friend of mine gave me some when she had extras in her fridge :) Not knowing what to do I was looking at other stuff that can go with it. I had planned dosa for dinner that day and so it struck me that i could give a try with jalapenos instead of red/green chillies. And wonder what .. it worked!!!! I did not give any heads up about the new venture and served it as usual. "Wow... today chutney is very delicious.. kinda different!!!!! " This  is what I heard from the dining table and I had a big :) on my face. One simple ingredient change and you can feel the difference. Try it and you too might like it

Serves... 2 ppl 
Serve option... Idli or dosa

This is what u'll need....

Onion 1 big
Tomato puree 1 tbspn
Chutney dal 1 tbspn
Jalapeno 1
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbspn

Here is the stir....
  • Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions to it
  • Fry this for 2-3 minutes
  • Toss in jalapenos, chutney dal and salt and fry for another minute
  • Add tomato puree and cook for some time
  • Cool the mixture and grind it to a fine paste
  • Can put tadka with mustard seeds and urad dal if interested. I did not use tadka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails