Smile

Oct 9, 2016

Taco Mexicana ...Our style ;)


My kids loved the taco mexicana the first they had it when it was introduced in Dominos a while ago. They liked it a lot and would always ask me make them some time. I never fell for it so never gave it a try. One day niks said that the recipe was so easy that I should make it for him the next time we make parottas. I was not very particular in making the same recipe but then thought that something like that with our twist would be fun. These days I somehow feel that they just go by name more than the exact dish. Name it fancy with a decent presentation and they love to finish off the snack in no time. Will share the "taco potatana"as my kids named it... which they love taking to school and sharing it with friends

So as per my kids wish this fancy-named recipe was in my to-do list for quite a while.  One day when I was packing vegetable cutlet for my kids snack box, I decided to use the same cutlet mixture to make some taco mexicana "our style". So I saved some cutlet mixture for our special evening snack. The cutlets that I send to school on a regular basis are loaded with veggies... say raw banana, potato, carrot, beans, green peas, spinach(any keerai from our garden), chana/ rajma/ dry beans, flax seeds, sesame seeds and then whatever healthy I can think of :) It just has everything I need to give them

To make this taco snack I just needed a couple of parottas eash, some mayo, some ketchup and ofcourse the main - healthy cutlets. Assemble everything together and present it nicely in the way the kids love it
  


Serves... 2 kids - 2 each
Serve option... Hot

This is what u'll need...

Parotta - 4 nos
Vegetable cutlet - 8 pcs
Mayonaisse - 2-3 tbspn
Tomato chilli sauce - 1 tbspn
Cheese - as needed
Oil - as needed

Here is the stir....
  • Make small patties out of cutlet mixture. I used a some leftover cutlet mixture which was loaded with veggies, chickpeas, kidney beans, spinach and a lot more. I find this a very good way to serve them loads of veggies
  • Heat a tawa and drizzle little oil on it. Place the prepared patties and cook them till crisp on the outside 
  • Meanwhile spoon in some mayonaisse into a bowl. I have used homemade mayonaisse here. For recipe check out this link -> Homemade mayonaisse 
  • Add some tomato chilli sauce or just plain tomato ketchup to the mayo
  • Give it a quick stir using a spoon to make a peachy mixture ready to go in the taco
  • Remove the cutlets and set it aside
  • To prepare the tacos, place one parotta in a plate. We used homemade parotta for this recipe, for detailed instructions on how to make it please click on this link-> Parottta Recipe. The first time we made, I used maida parotta but then my kids said they would love the healthier version of it and so we make them with whole parottas now
  • Arrange 2 cutlets in one side of the parotta
  • Spoon some mayo, ketchup mixture on the cutlets
  • Shred some cheese on top 
  • Fold the parotta into half gently and give it a slight press
  • Place this on a hot tawa and drizzle little oil on the top and sides
  • Cook this on low flame till the outer of the parotta gets crisp and the cheese inside is melted. Flip it in between to heat both the sides 
  • Serve hot and see your kid enjoying his snack. My kids went nuts when they were served this for the first time after they came back from school. Ever since it has been in our special snack list whenever we make cutlets for breakfast or snack

Note:
  • Use whole wheat parotta for a guilt-free snack. My kids love the whole wheat version 
  • Add red chilli flakes on top of the taco before removing from the tawa for an extra special effect 
  • Cook on low flame to let the parotta get crisp. Use few drops of oil at intervals to fasten the crisping 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails